Personal Trainer and Yoga Instructor Jamie Wheeler
My love for sport led me to get my B.S. in Exercise Science with an emphasis in Sport Science. Through college, I worked as a Physical Therapy aide, student Athletic Trainer and an Exercise Physiology assistant which helped give definition to my passions and shape my future focus.
After college, I ran several races ranging from 5K, 10K, 15K, half marathons, and a couple of full marathons. I became certified in Functional Fitness and trained both male and female athletes, helping them become stronger for their individual needs. Functional training is important as it insures strength in the small movers of your body as well as the large movers. My personal training focuses primarily on bodywork with the implementation of some training tools.
My personal training clientele, and general activity in the community, led to nutritional counseling work with a variety of people. I have worked with people who are trying to lose weight, some with sport-specific nutrition, families trying to revamp their eating habits, even doctors who find themselves too busy to make the right choices. My passion for food comes from my dad, but my desire for satisfying, healthy eating is all my own. People need to eat EVERY day, sometimes 5-6 times a day. This is an area of life that warrants our careful attention because food has the ability to FUEL us or RESTRICT us. Food also brings people together and becomes the center for many memories in our lives.
As an athlete, food can be the key element in your training plan that will either propel you to success or leave you wondering why you keep falling short. I want to share my passion for healthy, tasty food with others so they can feel accomplished in providing well-balanced nutrition for themselves and their families. Whatever you nutrition needs, I can support, encourage and educate you to healthier eating.
- Gymnast for 11 years, coach for 15 years
- Collegiate volleyball player
- Stroller Strides fitness instructor for 10 years
- Functional Fitness trainer with Tom House
- Nutritional Consultant for Dr. Sudabeh Moein
- Boston Qualifier at Illinois Marathon in 2013, 2014
- Ran Boston in 2015
- First Place AG finish at Carlsbad Triathlon
- Several top AG finishes in my first season of triathlons
- 2014 Women’s Category 4 Illinois State Champion (Criterium)
- Yoga Mobility Coach for Rocky Mountain High School Gymnastic Team
- Bachelors in Exercise Science
- Certified Personal Trainer
- Certified Yoga Instructor, RYT-200